WL Ticker

Friday, August 4, 2017

A Weight Loss Strategy from Peter

I was reading this passage yesterday and, all of a sudden, it occurred to me that this passage spelled out the exact steps needed to follow a weight loss plan.  Here's 2 Peter 1:5-7:

For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness [some translations have virtue here]; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love.

Faith that trusts God to empower us & bring a good result
Virtue to want what is right  & good
Knowledge to know what plan to develop
Self-control to actually stick to that plan
Perseverance to keep at it
Godliness  which is a reverential attitude towards God that makes us want to do what pleases Him.
 
 
And to all of that, I say:  Lord, let  your Word take root in me!
 
And that's the weigh it goes,
 
Deb


2 comments:

  1. Heart-knowing and head-knowing...I sure enough need the two to collaborate. Right now, I'm just in an off-place...feeling misplaced.

    Keeping you and Bill in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your prayers. Blood work on Monday to determine bleeding problem.

      And that whole heart/head thing? you and me both sister!

      Delete